The major components of the program are -
1- Grassroots Institution Building
2- Micro Finance services
3- Livelihood and Enterprise Development
4- Women Empowerment and Social Equity
5- Programme Management
Grass root Institution Building:
One of the prime objectives of the project was to build grass root level institutions Self Help Groups, to undertake solving the women’s issues at the village level involving local women and with the consensus amongst themselves. Under the project 14697 SHGs have been formed. Out of them 11923 (81%) are self sustained. 2604 VLC mobilized and total 2604 VLC are functional and performing as per the objective.
- Strong approach to Gram Sabha : Strong, confident and sustainable female voice in village.
- Treatment of malnourished child In Nutrition Rehabilitation Centre (NRC)
- Awareness about legal rights
- Water supply Management using solar energy and water taps
Formation of Grain bank
- Constriction of ponds and bori bandhan (Rain Water Harvesting )
- Help and support to other departments
Federation- The final apex body 60 Federations are formed at every location. The Federation have their own office building and Staff. All Federations are registered under ''The Society Registration Act''. They have their bank accounts. Federation member meet once in a year.
Micro finance services were to be provided through these mobilised groups and consist of bank linkages, availing credit from banks or under the project, linking to Apex micro credit institutions etc. Training of members in saving and credit management. 166000 SHG member trained in saving and credit management, 145672 members are active savers and doing inter-loaning. 80% of saving used in inter loaning in 76% groups. 62% of total SHGs are repaying loan upto 80% and 88% group timely repaying the loan.
- Generation of SHG savings and lending these funds to group members;
- Linking of the SHG to a bank or other financial institution to enable the group to access a larger volume of loan funds
- Linking with insurance companies for insurance services.
Livelihoods and Micro Enterprise Development
In Livelihood, preparation implementation of cluster business plan policy has been formulized. Sectors have been identified. 121970 members trained in IGA, 97905 On farm and 24065 Off farm. 123778 members are involved in on farm activities, 30432 members are doing off farm activities. 21% having more than three source of income. 47% having more than two source of income. 51% having more than one source of income and 100% having at least single source of income.
- To enable marginal and vulnerable women in poor households to exercise increased control over productive assets and resources,
- To raise the value of their economic activities through backward and forward linkages,
- To deepen existing skills and provide additional capabilities by imparting knowledge inputs
- To leverage this collective strength and effort to move the household to a higher level of sustainable income with attendant socio-economic benefits.
Women’s Empowerment and Social Equity
This aspect speaks of the empowerment of women achieved so far so that they are able to demand their due rights in all the spheres of life from family, society and the community. Awareness, training and creation of forum to address social issues. 2620 Shaurya Dal formed and trained. 26200 Shaurya Dal members trained in role and responsibility, legal awareness, entitlement, Act/schemes, sanitation. 88670 women trained in PRIs, 2844 contested PRI election in 2015 and total 1929 women elected in different tiers of Panchayat Raj. 165048 members trained in access health services. 179870 households are accessing health services.
- Support for MVVN at state and district levels.
- Monitoring and Evaluation